As society moves towards a cleaner and more efficient transportation ecosystem through electrification, there is a growing need for specialists who can conceive, design , implement and manage our mobility solutions in the near future. The Mobility program at Atria University will give you the tools and guide you as you set foot in this exciting domain.
While pursuing a major in Mobility, you will learn about electric propulsion, hybrid electric vehicles, and autonomous vehicles. You will also understand the societal and environmental impact of technological developments, as well as the economic and financial implications of electric mobility. You will be exposed to courses from several related disciplines – engineering, energy policy, environmental science, and business.
“Imagine a kind of system where you have lightweight electric vehicles with relatively small battery capacity, and then picking up charge wherever they park. You never have to worry about filling up your car, never go to the gas station, never plug it in, never do any of these things.”
– William J. Mitchell, Urban Designer, Architect, & Author
Students pursuing BSc (Hons) or BTech in mobility can choose between these three specializations for their fourth year of study at Atria University.
- Electric Vehicle Design
- Autonomous Vehicle Technology
- Electric Mobility Infrastructure
Please Note: BDes and BBA (PGD) students will specialize in areas of Design or Business Administration.
With the Mobility major, you can graduate in any of our four degrees.
- BSc for the scientist who wishes to study and research various fundamental aspects of the mobility ecosystem
- BDes for the designer who conceives functional and aesthetically pleasing products for end users.
- BTech for the engineer who will develop new mobility solutions
- BBA for the entrepreneur who will promote and operate eMobility solutions and services.
As part of the Mobility major, you will work on a number of real-world projects to learn and apply your learning, such as:
- Take apart an electric scooter and attempt to put it back together.
- Road test an electric car.
- Prepare a survey report on electric vehicles in the world.
- Build an electric-assisted vegetable cart.
- Build and program the guidance system of a simple autonomous vehicle.
- Design a high-speed rotating device.
- Work on a project to design and simulate the electric drive train of a car.
- Work on a project to design and simulate the electric drive train of a bus.
- Create a detailed blueprint for installing EV charging infrastructure for a city and its surrounding towns / suburbs.
- Learn about the different ways to charge an EV- and the pros and cons of the various options.
- Attempt to sell electric cycles to college-going students.
Please Note: The projects listed above are tentative and may change to suit emerging developments in the field.
LEARNING FOR ACTION & IMPACT
While pursuing the major, you will master a range of modern technologies and skills in the Mobility space.
- Basics of the vehicle design.
- Materials science.
- Analyzing the energy efficiency of automobiles and transport systems.
- Application of fuel cells and battery technologies in transportation.
- The structure of sustainable energy systems.
- Economics and finance of sustainability.
- Fundamentals of climate change.
- The business process of renewable energy.
- Autonomous vehicle technology.
- Mobility and transportation infrastructure in cities.
A major in Mobility offers you a vast array of career pathways to create a sustainable impact in the automobile industry.
- System design/development engineer.
- System specialist.
- System architect.
- Subject matter experts.
- Product design, engineering and development.
- Principle engineer.
- Product lead.
- Transportation designer.
- Mobility system designer.
- Independent design consultant.
- Transportation design consultant.
- Market specialist.
- Sales and strategy expert.
COMPETITIVE EDGE WITH ATRIA UNIVERSITY
Atria University offers you a unique curriculum structure across disciplines to help you explore concepts and develop a mindset that is oriented towards becoming future-ready.
- Master your understanding of emerging technologies: A major in Mobility offers a unique combination of futuristic concepts in emerging technologies and automotive engineering. You will work on a multitude of processes, methods, and tools to overcome some of the key challenges faced by the industry today.
- World-Class Education in Bangalore: Atria University is the first University in India to offer futuristic majors, with a learning approach benchmarked to international standards. With an interdisciplinary approach to technology and liberal sciences, you get to experience theory in action from day one of your undergraduate program.