School Leaders’ Online Conclave
School Leaders’ Online Conclave | Apr 18, 2020
We hosted the School Leaders’ Online Conclave with principals and counselors from schools across India. Our interaction focused on making engineering and business education in India relevant for IB/CAIE students in India. The discussion commenced with your aspirations for students as they navigate their way through various higher education options.
- A world-class education at par with any other in the world
- Greater range and depth of subject choices beyond what students accessed in school
- An education that makes them future-ready; able to tackle any challenge
- Acceptance to Ivy League colleges
- Exposure to multiple cultures and disciplines
- Commitment to unwavering curiosity and pursue self-understanding
We also deliberated over various challenges that an IB/CAIE student tackles in India. Here are the reasons we identified:
- Entrance tests are challenging for IB kids both in terms of timing and method of testing.
- It is assumed that IB content is sufficient to sail through the exam but in fact, the prior education falls short to prepare the student adequately
- Lack of writing practice as part of the curriculum
- Lack of specific regionally contextual subjects. Eg- Accounting
- Admissions cycle for traditional colleges
- Admissions into state and central universities- issues owing to the timing of the results