The Beyonder Fellowship challenges young minds to be frontier-thinkers, imagine a radical future, and break new grounds with their minds. A select few, bright minds were chosen to be part of this new learning revolution to address the challenges of tomorrow by preparing students for careers and challenges that don’t yet exist. We invited students who had finished class 12th in 2020 to take a leap forward – one that can ultimately make their undergrad experience more exciting, efficient, and enriching. The first cohort of the Fellowship ran from August 17, 2020 to September 4, 2020.
The Fellowship offered 3 weeks of zero-cost, exceptional learning in three futuristic areas - Applied Robotics, Data Science, and Inquiry. The courses were taugh taught by prominent academicians, industry leaders, and Atria University faculty members.
- One-on-one interactions with mentors across industry and academia
- Riveting sessions with the Atria University founder, Mr. Sunder Raju
- Fellowship Certificate on completion
- Up to 4 academic credits awarded for fellows enrolled in Atria University’s upcoming batch
Over a three-week period, students deep-dived into projects and activities crafted by industry leaders, academicians, and Atria University academic members. They interacted with peers and mentors to solve real-world challenges. And, demonstrated skills and learning through course-specific deliverables.
This course focused on practical applications of real-world robots and the essential concepts to build them with hands-on experiments. Students explored and learned about various robots used across industries like entertainment, sci-fi, military, cooking robots, surveillance, healthcare, service, education, among others.
Students gained knowledge and acquired skills in a range of areas.
- Understanding of Robotics and its application in various fields, and hands-on mechanical assembly in 3D to build robots
- Understand the mechanics and programming required for building robots. And, gained insight on application of robots in -various fields.
Students explored concepts in Python Programming, Machine Learning, Data Analytics, and Data Engineering. And, developed essential skills required to execute a live project in the domain of Renewable Energy.
- Using data to discover potentially predictive relationships
- Applying data science concepts and methods to solve problems in real-world contexts
- Applying data engineering ( Data Wrangling, Integration, and Analytics)
The course introduced students to various aspects of Inquiry, helping them master the skills of asking and answering questions. Through activities, interactive sessions, and projects centered around food, participants carried out experimental, observational, and ethical research. And, discovered how biology, society, and history shape our food.
- Developed an inquiry-oriented approach to education
- Students went beyond memorizing facts and understood concepts through application
- First Cohort: August 17, 2020 – September 4, 2020
- Second Cohort: To Be Announced
- Eligibility: Open to students who have finished class 12th in the year that Fellowship is announced
- Duration: 3 weeks with 3-4 hours of learning commitment each day; five days a week
- Medium: Online learning through Xcelerator – our learning, and placement platform
- No pre-requisite domain knowledge needed to enroll in either of the three courses
- You can enroll in only one course at a time
Registrations are now closed for the Beyonder Fellowship 2020. Please watch this space for updates on the next cohort.